The Metropolitan Police Department of D.C.
Histories of the MPDC
The Evening Star and Washington Post frequently published histories of the MPDC. A few have been transcribed and are available here in PDF format. The text is searchable.
- 1877: History of the Police Force of Washington
- 1890: Seven of the Finest, They Have Seen Nearly Thirty Years' Service
- 1890: Only a Few Veterans Left
- 1891: The Police Will Celebrate The Thirtieth Anniversary of the Force Occurs Today
- 1895: Old Coppers' Stories, Two Original Members of the Force
- 1896: Five Veteran Police, All that Remain of 150 Men in Service 35 Years Ago
- 1905: The MPD in 1905
- 1913: Arrests I Never Made
- 1937: Many Changes Were Wrought For Efficiency